- The admission process for 1st year classes begins soon after the publication of Higher Secondary results.
- Prospectus and Application Forms for admission are available from the College Office on the dates notified on College Notice Board and Website.
- Candidates must collect one prospectus, along with one application form atteched with it.
- Application Forms duly filled in are to be submitted with the following documents on or before the date notified on the College Notice Board:
(i) Xerox Copy of the mark sheet
(ii) Xerox Copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate
(iii) Copy of the Baptism certificate in case of Christians.
- The applicant should collect the counter foil of the application form submitted to the college office and produce it at the time of counselling.
Criteria for selection of candidates for admission to Honours Courses.
- Admission to Honours courses will be strictly on merit through counselling, exceptions may be made for christians.
- Merit list will be published by the college taking into consideration the aggregate of Heigher Secondary ( 10 + 2 ) results : The best of FIVE subjects which must include the subject English and excluding Physical Education and Environmental Studies.
- The criteria or the cut off marks / percentage will vary from year to year, depending upon the demand and overall results of higher secondary examinations.
- Applicants must appear for counselling in due date and time along with the following original documents:
(i) Mark Sheet of the 10th & 10 + 2 Examinations.
(ii) Transfer Certificate.
(iii) Admit Card of the 10 + 2 Examinations.
(iv) Counter foil of Honours form.
(v) Conduct / Character Certificate.
(vi) Migration Certificate.
(vii) SC / ST / OBC / Baptism Certificate.
(viii) 4 (Four) latest passport size photographs and 2 stamp size photographs of the student.
(ix) Sports / Games / Dance / Music etc. Certificate if any.
- Selected candidates must get themselves admitted on the same date of counselling failing which the selection will be liable to cancelled.
- The admission granted to an applicant is to be considered provisional until all fees are paid, and all the prescribed documents are in order. St. Xavier's College disclaims all responsibility if any of the documents required by Kazi Nazrul University are not submitted or are found unacceptable by it.
- Student taking admission on migration from other Board / University are to submit their Original Migration Certificate within one month from the date of admission failing which their admission may stand cancelled.
- Student must submit Registration cum Enrolment forms duly filled in within 60 days from the date of their admission failing which a student may not be admitted to the University Examinations.
- Candidates are requested to follow the Notice Board and the College Website time to time for information regarding admission.
- St. Xavier's College, Asansol is solely responsible for admission of all the candidates of all the honours and general courses.